I love color! Bright lips is an everyday look for me. An easy way to change up your look is by adding color to your lips too, and I mean VIVID color. The mass brands like Maybelline and Cover Girl offer budget friendly options so you can keep with the trends affordably.
Maybelline’s 8 New Shades of Color Sensational Vivid Lipsticks
Hot Plum, On Fire Red, Vivid Mandarin, Electric Orange, Fuchsia Flash, Shocking Coral, Pink Pop (I don’t recommend for dark skin), Vivid Rose
- Bright, pigmented colors like these are extra beneficial for those with darker lips or lips of 2 colors like moi, because they cover them!
- As the color wears off, a very pretty, subtler stain remains that you can add gloss or balm to for another look
- Add liner and/or gloss to define your lips or make them look larger. I don’t apply either because I prefer a softer look
- The collection is long lasting so I would avoid many touchups as I found my lips became very dry with some shades
- Ideally remove any dry skin before application
- Accentuate your features and face with bright lips when wearing neutral colors like white, cream, gold, silver, beige etc.
- If you like color and makeup, don’t be afraid to sport bright lips with outfits in the same tonal family or as a contrast, i.e. bright fusia with a navy blue, but skip the gloss