So you’re all set for your big day. You even heeded my advice and began prepping your skin months ago with the right skincare and treatments. It looks beautiful.
But have you considered your lips? Are they soft and supple? Or are they dry and flaky? Lips, like the rest of your face, are the focal point of your entire wedding. This is especially true if you are wearing a matte lipstick, which will highlight the condition of your lips even more.
Here are a few easy steps to get your lips in shape:
1. Gently exfoliate every few days, depending on the severity.
- Home Remedy: Mix some brown sugar with a touch of lemon juice, maintaining the texture of the brown sugar. Gently rub this mixture into your lips in a circular motion. It even tastes good.
- Store Remedy: Buy a lip scrub from Sephora, like the Bliss Fabulips Lip Scrup
2. Moisturize your lips.
- Always wear a lip balm or conditioner. I use the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream Lip Protect Gloss.
- Look for ingredients like vitamin A and E, jojoba oils, Vaseline or beeswax and up to 5% humectants for water retention.
- Avoid wearing lipsticks that leave your lips feeling dry and chapped. They may have a higher alcohol content.