More and more brides are opting for a destination weddings! Not only can they be more economical, but the backdrop is priceless. We’ve done our share of destination weddings this year. So here are a few pointers in planning your bridal look for your destination wedding:
- Have a trial before departing, if you’re makeup+hair artist is accompanying you. If you’re doing a Kate, as in doing your own makeup, take a personal makeup class to perfect your technique and determine products.
- Use a humidity proof hairspray and matte foundations and concealers. Airbrush would be ideal.
- Get a haircut and/or color 7 to 10 days before leaving
- Apply sunscreen if you’re going to be in the sun and/or want a health tan.
- Go in the sun if you peel or burn even with sunscreen.
- Go in the sun, if you don’t want to become darker.
- Blot away oil and sweat with powder foundation. It will only make you look cakey. Stick with translucent powders or blot/finishing powders or blot paper.
- Apply thick and sticky glosses. Otherwise your lips will be a magnet for sand.
The Bridal Beauty Blogger