OMG, there’s so much to write about today with the IIFAs going on and wedding season at its peak! Today I’m super duper excited to announce that we have been booked for another destination wedding this year, drum roll it’s bound to be pretty.
This got me thinking about packing and the products I will be taking to to make sure our bride’s makeup and hair last through out the day. Our destination wedding package include on location touch ups through out the events, so that’s a big weight taken off our bride’s shoulders.
For those of you getting married at home, here are some tips to keep your makeup fresh and lasting long:
- Wash your hair the night before with minimal conditioner and get it blow dried straight with minimal product. This will help set your hair shaft and lock in moisture.
- Stick with lighter makeup in the form of liquids, powders and gels. Stay away from cream based makeup products.
- Use a primer on your eyes and face for makeup longevity as primers will hold makeup in place. I use the Smashbox Photofinish Foundation Primer and Too Faced Shadow Insurance for the eyes.
- Use mattifying foundations, i.e. or airbrush foundation as they are more oil and shine resistant.
- Set your makeup with a setting powder and/or setting spray, like MAKE UP FOR EVER’s Mist and Fix Spray
- Make sure you carry blot papers for oil and tissues for sweat. Always blot, never wipe. A tip I learned from celebirty artist A.J. Crimson, is when you are sweaty and hot, step out for a few minutes and dry off before reapplying makeup or touching up.
- Set your hair with a non greasy, light weight finishing hairspray.
Last to prep for your day and keep your body dry, Martha Stewart has some great tips!